Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Got my 2011 5.0 Mustang!
View Single Post
post #20 of (permalink) Old 06-10-2010
ninjadriver
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFlyBoy165 View Post
Well boys and girls I got my 5.0 and it was quite a stroke of luck. I was playing around at my ford dealership in March and we put a hypothetical order in and then I order an actual one in May. Well, my truck broke down and I had to buy a vehicle so I purchased one(GT premium) in Denver. I felt like the dealer was trying to screw me (and I was right) so I opted out before it was finalized. Turns out they never cancelled the order for my base GT with 3.73s! and it came in today to everyones surprise! Well, I bought it and I am infinitely more happy than I was was with the premium. If you're getting a GT get the 3.73 gears so you can FEEL THAT HORSE POWER, there is a difference (3.31, 3.55, 3.73). GREAT CAR especially for a grad gift to myself see you guys in traffic court! *crosses fingers*

Edit: BTW I don't know if it was my imagination but this base GT sounds MEEEAAAANN!! maybe it was the gear change, but I', not easily impressed by stock exhaust but this set will do until that annoying warranty wears off!!! AAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Grats on the car, and grats on graduation! I'm guessing from your profile that your a zoomie. My black '11 GT premium with 3.73s is on the way, and I'm from the class of '97. Not a day goes by that I don't reminisce about my Academy days. A place and people that you will never forget.

CS14 - Cobras
CS32 - Roadrunners

2011 GT Premium
Black/Black w/400A package
GT500 Front Fascia w/BMC Extreme Customs carbon fiber Black Mamba Hood
3.73s, manual, HIDs, Brembos
FRPP/Whipple 624 HP kit, Whipple 123mm Crusher Cold-Air, Kooks LT Headers w/Off-Road Connector
565 WHP / 465 WTQ Mustang Dyno
583 WHP / 480 WTQ DynoJet

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome