Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 71 MPH in a 40 MPH Posted
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2010 Thread Starter
Nathan0490
Apprentice
V6 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thezfunk View Post
Always fight speeding tickets. I paid a lawyer $50 to go to court for me. He got the offense reduced to some sort of parking violation. It then cost me an extra $100 on the violation but then it did not show on my driving record. The insurance savings more than made up for the extra $150 bucks.

All they want is the money. Speeding tickets are a targeted tax. They don't save lives and they don't make the road safer. If they wanted to do that they would pull people over who tailgate or change lanes without using a blinker or get old people off the road or people who drive slow in the fast lane talking on a cell phone (inattentive driving btw) or a million other things that are illegal to do that would make a difference but are much harder to enforce.
I would like to go the lawyer route but around here you need to pay money just to talk to a lawyer as far as I know. How did you find a lawyer you could talk to about it before even paying?

2011 V6 - Premium
6 Speed Auto, 2.73 Rear, K&N Drop-In
Black on Black, Mustang Club of America
20% Tint, Color matched mirrors, side rockers, & rear valance, Flat black calipers
Comfort Pkg

-- "Eva"

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome