Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Which would you buy: 2011 Mustang V6 or used 2005 - 2010 GT?
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2010
Blueblaze
PONY Member
S197 Member

I drove a 2011 v6 with the performance package. I hate to break the news to anyone but there’s no way the new V6 could even come close to keeping up with my 2008 GT. I have a CAI and a Breenspeed tune and its torque curve and pull is much stronger and in a better place in the rpm band.

I know what the advertisements, magazines and stats say about the new v6 but... not a chance it would keep up with my mostly stock 08 GT.

If you want the faster of the two choices you named, buy a 4.6 GT 05-09 and enjoy..

I have a 5.0 ordered, but my 08 GT is still a very quick car with a million speed mods available to make it even faster..

No intention here to bash our new 2011 v6 owners. Im sure they will be lots of fun to drive!

Blueblaze
2011 GT 5.0 Premium Coupe, Kona Blue, Interior Charcoal /Grabber Blue ,6 speed MT, Comfort Group, ,Brembo Brakes , 3.73 Gears, Security Package, Shaker1000, Polk Speakers, CDC Chin Spoiler, JLT Oil Separator, Custom Grille layout, HID, Brenspeed 93 Tune /Steeda CAI , GT500 SVT Axle Backs
A new Beast in disguise…..

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome