Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2000 Mustang GT coil packs?? which is which!
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-13-2010 Thread Starter
NVtheGT
Apprentice
4.6L Member

2000 Mustang GT coil packs?? which is which!

hi there! ok so at the moment I have a mustang with hesitation problems. it just started. i did an engine swap in october so i know the intake and exhaust it taken care of. at the moment im looking to swap out my coil packs that i currently have for the ones off of my original engine.

Current mustang uses the coil pack:
F7TU-12A366-CC
Original mustang has the coil pack:
F7TU-12A366-CD

Both of which are EE03A by Motorcraft. I've tried to do research on the differences between the two and cannot find much. I think the Original has the same coil packs they used on f-150's but because it was from the Windsor factory, where they mainly did 4.6L and 5.4L for trucks (from what i've read in misc. places).. But then i went out to my dads 04' F150 and it had a completely different set of numbers and they were just black on top, not made by motorcraft.

Out of the original coil packs, i only have seven, so my hugest delima is... what could go wrong if i use 7/8 of the original and one of the current ones.. im also going to be swaping out the CIA piece near the throttle body, i read that thing can go even under 20k miles...

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome