Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 3.55 rear axel in winter driving
View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2010 Thread Starter
GrabberBlue5.0
Rookie

[quote=s197gt;2105768]All 2011 Mustangs have limited slip differential and traction control (stability control) and anti-lock brakes.

Really doesn't matter what gear ratio you pick for the differential as those things above will take care of you in the snow and ice. If you don't already have the car, I'd order the 3.73 gears to have the best acceleration in summer driving. On rare occasions in the winter when low gear is too low, I might start from a standstill in 2nd gear.

Suggest you purchase 4 new snow tires of the best proven current brand you can find...then the car will actually be fun in the winter.

quote]

I appreciate the info. I plan on getting some winter tires. I hear Blizzaks are the best, anything you would recommend? or are there any SE Michigan drivers that have had experiences, either good or bad, with a specific brand of winter tires?

In terms on the gearing, if the 3.55 is good enough for the GT500 it will be good enough for me. A good compromise of performance and gas mileage for me. Some other posts on the forum here have been extremely imformative on the topic and thank anyone that contributed to those.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome