Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Test drove a 2011 Mustang 5.0....
View Single Post
post #26 of (permalink) Old 06-14-2010
jasonpell1117
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTerror View Post
I test drove a 2011 5.0 today and I can say that I am not overally impressed with it. I have a 2005 GT and I really didn't think it was a HUGE difference in performance. Yes I could tell a difference and yes it was very nice. If I didn't have a mustang and looked to get one this would be my first choice. But for me I was not compelled to trade in my GT for the upgrade.

Anyone else with a GT drive a 5.0 and think this?

Well I have to ask if you have had any work done to the 2005 GT? What is the rear gear ratio? (3.31, 3.55, 3.73...etc). I have a 2009 GT and want to test drive a 5.0 soon so I can see how much faster it really is. I am really hoping I have the same reaction as you so i don't get the 5.0 fever!

2009 Vista Blue Mustang GT manual with 10" white racing stripes. C&L street CAI, SCT tuner with 91 Race tune. 14" antenna, 2010 mustang gt "belly pan", sequential tail lights, Hurst billet competition plus shifter, Borla ATAK catback exhaust, Kooks LT headers with Catted H pipe, mid-mounted dynomax race bullet mufflers (as resonators)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome