Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ford, are you reading these forums?
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 06-16-2010
Kahdir
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
I guess you showed them??????
I have ordered many new vehicles, mainly Toyota and GM. I have never owned a Ford in my life. Reading over the forum and taking in all the considerations of a newer vehicle and from my past experience, Ford seems to be no better OR no worse than any of the others. Reading over your post I would say, essentially main production of the new cars was on or about 5/1/10 and I would bet that was the plan all along. Deliveries usually take about three weeks after it is built. Heck, I bet I could order a new 2012, today. Would I get it in 2-3 months???? Just saying!
Ford is a multi-billion dollar company, I doubt my cancellation effects their toilet paper budget...

I am a loyal car customer until I feel slighted. I buy new cars every 3-5 years, sometimes two at a time. I have owned a 1997, 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2009 Jeep Wrangler and will likely own a 2011 or 2012 depending on their penstar powertrain change... I skipped on a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon because I bought 2005 Mustang GT Premium, traded the 2000 Jeep Wrangler and kept the 2003 Wrangler and a 2003 Saturn ION3 Sedan.

My previous plan was to keep the 2005 Mustang and get a 2010 Camaro, but the announcement of the 5.0L I changed plans and ordered the 2011 Mustang GT Premium early. Based on my 2005 order, I guess I was lucky ordering in July 2004 and receiving it in November 2004. I assumed the 2011 would be about the same time, plenty of time before my birthday (7/9). Being satisfied with my previous Mustang, there was a strong chance that I would start purchasing Mustangs every couple years. Now...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome