MACH I Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTuna View Post
The Z28 will be quite a car. As of now the Camaro does pretty well at hooking up and I'm sure this one will too. Acceleration times will be fast but it will lack any type of handling and cornering because of its weight. Chevy and Dodge screwed up badly when building their new muscle cars. Since they used existing car platforms the size and weight of the vehicles was undeniable. They're realizing this now since the 2011 Mustang is whooping them in every category. I would assume that Chevy has plans to lesson the weight when the new generation comes out. Ford has already announced they will be too. Dodge on the other hand, I would guess they will drop the Challenger from the line up in the next couple of years. The Challenger is a very impractical car!
With the largest trunk, seating for five, and the most comfy ride the challenger is the most practical of the bunch. I think what you meant was the challenger is not a contender as a sports car. It does fine as a muscle car. The mustang has bridged the gap into becoming a full fledged sports car while the camaro falls in the middle.

Challenger wins as the most practical for free way travel. Impractical as hell maybe in a large city like NYC ATL or CHI, if that's what you meant.

2011 Shelby GT 500: C&L CAI, Roush GT 500 Performance axlebacks, Steeda 2.65 Supercharger pulley with idler/belt tensioner, Ford SVT Custom Racing Tune, SVT package, Glass roof, Tech package
Gone: 2011 GT/CS Black
Gone: 2010 Sterling Gray GT, Track Pack

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome