Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Ford Customer Service
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
CorvetteDreamin
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtcrafty View Post
No, the salesperson is not there to call you every five minutes to tell you that your car has not arrived yet and he doesn't know why. His job is to sell cars, make money for the dealership, and get paid so he can put food on the table for his family. While your Mustang may be the most important inanimate object in the world to you, there's a whole lot filled with more metal to move. Your car will arrive when Ford decides that it's complete and ready to ship. I think in America we think that we're entitled to put a bug up someone's ass every time we throw down someone else's money on a big boy toy.

I swear the 2011 section is getting whiny like Camaro5 was a year ago. "I want my car and I'm going to light a small fire on Bill Ford's lawn every night until I get it!"
As others have written, it's about customer service. This is the problem with BUSINESS in America. As GTCrafty points out, it's about sales, not about customers. Unfortunately that backfires. Understanding that businesses choose to disregard customers and customer service, people take their business to the nameless, faceless Internet. When you can order something from Hong Kong for 1/4 of what it costs here and skip all the BS, it's worth doing it. No, you're not likely to get ANY customer service but you're probably not expecting any either. A perfect business relationship is where both sides meet expectations.

For now, the auto industry has us largely as a captive audience. But that will change, my friends. That will change. Just as milkmen and door-to-door sales went away... so too will the notion of the car dealer middle man.

Hey Crafty, any chance you work for Ford? I hear this A LOT from Ford employees.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome