Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 GT hold...this is what I heard
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2010
1BADCOYOTE
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangGT33 View Post
Like many of you I ordered mine way back...in February. Built first week of May, then spent weeks expecting it day-to-day, then finally told they were all on hold a couple weeks ago, now mine is expected in July.

Anyways, I talked to my uncle, who retired from Ford recently (getting the Z plan through him). He said they found the problem - the engine was making a chirping noise. Some cars already released had the noise, some didn't. So they're going through and fixing that on all of them. He said it's not a big deal.

Not sure if this has already been covered or if other people have heard differently, but just wanted to pass that along.
There is a TSB out for this concern, but engineering is still working on the issue. It further states there is not yet a fix for the issue and do not attempt any repairs. "Stay tuned for updates", it goes on to read ...."UNTIL A NEW SERVICE PROCEDURE AND/OR PARTS ARE AVAILABLE DO NOT ATTEMPT REPAIR. MONITOR ##### FOR UPDATES."

Personally, I heard it was a shortage of several certain parts and they were releasing the vehicles as the parts came in and were put on the cars. don't know for sure, though.

2011 Mustang 5.0
-Black
-MT82 6 speed
-Brembo brakes
-GT coupe appearance pkg 5
-Steeda CAI
-LD Performance Custom tune
2011 Mustang MCA edition

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome