View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 06-22-2010
ChaosFury
PONY Member
V6 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ChaosFury
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannapony View Post
We've just sold our 2nd car (05 Toyota Avalon) to make room in the garage for the new Mustang GT. Now operating with 1 car - interesting. Anyway, here's a list of goodies the Avalon had that the new Mustang won't:

sequential shifting for the auto trans
2-position seat memory
Home Link garage door opener
telescoping steering wheel
laser-assisted adaptive cruise control
keyless ignition - push button start
rain-sensing windshield wipers
power operated rear window shade
cooled as well as heated front seats

Okay - I know the Mustang is all about performance, and all that extra junk just adds weight. Still, the GT I ordered is around $40k, so it could be a little better equipped. What I'll miss the most is the seat memory (wife & I both drive both cars), the adaptive cruise control and the sequential shifter. The rest is just frills.

Once I get the new GT, I'm sure the occasional pedal to the floor will remind me what it's all about.
And that's how toyota brain washes you. You don't need all of that crap to have a nice car. It's just more useless stuff that breaks. At least you don't have to worry about the pedal sticking to the floor... I mean come on.

Elenora. Watch out, she may kick.

2012 GT Premium: Race red - automatic - 3:31 gears - HID headlights - all weather 19" Pirelli tires - Roush axle-back exhaust, GT/CS Spoiler. Coming soon: quarter panel & rear window louvers

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome