Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - My Promise: Not to call the dealership or Ford
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
CorvetteDreamin
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
Here is my promise.. sorry to be a killjoy.

After reading hundreds of posts of "where's my car?", "what train is it on?", "what truck is it on?", "what ramp is it on?", "what quadrant is it in?", "will the oil slow the progress of my car arriving?"..... I promise to not call my dealership or Ford asking where my car is.

It comes when it comes. Calling will do nothing to affect when the car comes.

Thinking about it will not affect when the car comes.

When the dealer gets it, they will call me, whether it is one month or 4 months from now. They will not just let it sit on their lot after it arrives; I'm certain they will call when it comes in. They would not want a car to sit on their lot after it gets there.

I will go on with life as one should and not beat myself up as to where a car is... it's just a car.

This is my promise.

Remember people... it will come when it comes... fretting, calling, worrying will not change anything.

If it's sunny outside... go out and play and think about something else besides the car.

Peace!

You're one of those people who post on Facebook, "Nothing to post today", aren't you? :p

I'm really glad you don't care when/if you get your car. Ford needs more "Non customers" like that. Many of us, however, had or have plans for our cars and they are a part of our lives. If it's an appliance to you, so be it. But I've said it before and I'll repeat it here: "You can't SELL cars on emotion and not expect that same emotion to not come into play when the cars are delayed."

Now... I took delivery yesterday. I'm going out to play in the sun.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome