Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - What kind of Transmission did you get? and why
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
Chilson
Apprentice
S197 Member

I picked a stick. Can I drive a stick? I have before. Am I good at a stick? No.

I was ready to pull the trigger on an auto but then I thought to myself this is a Muscle Car. It would have been very hypocritical if I got the auto. Every time I have seen a Mustang with an Auto since I was a kid I have though oh that sucks. Why wouldn't this person get a stick? To be honest I am nervous as can be about learning to drive a stick well. I know that once I know how a Mustang will be a much better car to have with a stick. I completely understand traffic being a problem. You want a Mustang, you may even want a stick, but traffic kills that idea.

Sticks are definitely a dying breed. I love Mustangs and have always wanted a stick but fear held me back. So my reason for buying a stick, breaking out of my comfort zone and about to enjoy rowing the gears myself. I think we can all agree the fact that we are getting a Mustang or have a Mustang is awesome no matter who is shifting.

Original Order: 5/22/10, Never scheduled.
Canceled by dealer on 8/11/10 (11 weeks).

New Order Placed By dealership: Build Date 8-26-10
Delivered 9-14-10!!!!

2011 Black Mustang GT Premium. 401A, Brembo Brakes, Glass Roof, Navigation, Rear Camera, Security Package, Comfort Package, 3.73 Rear End, 6 Speed Manual. Magnaflow exhaust.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome