Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - What kind of Transmission did you get? and why
View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
AmericanWoman
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilson View Post
I picked a stick. Can I drive a stick? I have before. Am I good at a stick? No.

I was ready to pull the trigger on an auto but then I thought to myself this is a Muscle Car. It would have been very hypocritical if I got the auto. Every time I have seen a Mustang with an Auto since I was a kid I have though oh that sucks. Why wouldn't this person get a stick? To be honest I am nervous as can be about learning to drive a stick well. I know that once I know how a Mustang will be a much better car to have with a stick. I completely understand traffic being a problem. You want a Mustang, you may even want a stick, but traffic kills that idea.

Sticks are definitely a dying breed. I love Mustangs and have always wanted a stick but fear held me back. So my reason for buying a stick, breaking out of my comfort zone and about to enjoy rowing the gears myself. I think we can all agree the fact that we are getting a Mustang or have a Mustang is awesome no matter who is shifting.
agreed about the dieing breed and seeing mustangs in stick and thinking lameeee traiiinn

I have to say the mustang stick will take a little to get used to. For me when i test drove it was a big change from my tiny little early 90s honda civic. But you will learn quick. It is so smoooth.

2011 Black V6 white stripe convertible, manny tranny

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome