Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - If not for a mustang, what would you buy?
View Single Post
post #49 of (permalink) Old 06-23-2010
Palmateer
Apprentice
S197 Member

Car and Driver was impressed, but said to wait for the next gen version to solve remaining drivetrain problems, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontmatr View Post

- Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8 - I was genuinely surprised by this car once I saw it in person. I'm not a fan the of the stock grille, but overall the exterior looked very sleek to me, and the interior didn't look too bad either (though still a bit on the cheap side). When driving the car it handled quite well, IMO better than my '06 GT, although it came up short in power/acceleration. Also liked the exhaust note, IMO better than VQ35/37 engines. In the end, the coupe just didn't have enough power to satisfy more, and paying $30+k for the Track version with Brembos and sportier suspension didn't sit too well with me (but, if they could somehow fit the 4.6L V-8 from the Genesis sedan or the upcoming 2.0L 274hp turbo four for the Sonata, I'd be considerably more interested)

2011 Mustang V-6 Premium Convertible, 5-11-2010. Paid $800 on 09-19-14 to replace hood with paint bubbles, traded car for a Chrysler later same day

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome