Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Looking at getting a 2011 Mustang...help sell it on me!
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
ss ZHO
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF18C View Post
With the HIDs I have to order the Security Package…but other than some keyed lug nuts ($45) what else do I get for $395? What is the Active anti-theft accessory?
I think I know the answer to this on but would like some confirmation…does the glass roof weigh more or less than the standard roof?
I really like the grill and front fascia of the California Special but the CS severally limits other options…Brembos and rear cam to name two. I think I can live without the Camera but the Brembos, come on Ford!
What does the stock exhaust sound like on the 5.0? After we got the Challenger the first mod was an MBRP cat back…stock sounded to tame.
I am sure I will have more questions but those will come later!
Welcome to forum.

First off, if you get a chance, you must drive one of these cars. It will sell itself.

The security package gives an active anti-theft system. Alarm will go off if someone bangs into car, reaches inside (has motion sensor), or tries to tow it.

Of all the packages, I love the rims of the CS the most (wish I could order them as an option). Also, the CS has really nice seats. The material is part leather and something else (I think). It looks great and feels great.

Before I ordered my car (just 5 days ago), I test drove the SRT8 also. It has more of a growl than the Mustang, but the Mustang still sounds good. I may get axle back exhaust someday still....will have to wait and see.

As far as fun goes, comparing the Challenger SRT8, Camaro SS, and Mustang, I rank them in the following order:
1) Mustang GT
2) Camaro SS
3) Challenger SRT8

Hope this helps.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome