Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Maybe I should have gotten Sync
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 06-24-2010
DizoAZ
Apprentice

I'm in the same situation, didn't want to buy a bunch of factory crap that I couldn't update/modify down the road. I live in AZ, so leather isn't an option really. 2 things I don't buy on a car in AZ. Black paint and leather seats.

Anyways, off to the question posed. You mentioned getting a smartphone. I'm tempted to get one of these, considering we have the stereo jack in the center console.

DealExtreme: $12.99 Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP AVRCP Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (Black)

Any of you guys had a chance to try one of these, or can you recommend a better one. I do not want a blue tooth receiver that transmits over 87.9 fm, it would have to plug into a stereo jack to eliminate static.

I'm obviously looking into getting the Meta dash kit so I can install a double din NAV or DVD/CD player. Still waiting to see if the Metra dash kit for the 2010 will work with the 2011, and trying to find a deck that allows bluetooth audio, not just calls.

Anyways, let me know if anyone has tried one of these, or similar. Thanks.

DealExtreme: $12.99 Bluetooth 2.0 A2DP AVRCP Stereo Music Receiver and Handsfree (Black)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome