Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 415hp now??
Thread: 415hp now??
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 06-26-2010 Thread Starter
Switchblade
Apprentice

there will always be something better around the corner

It is what it is, full stop. Nothing anyone can do about it except break out the checkbook and buy the new one or be happy with what you have. I paid $28k for mine too, brand new and it was exactly what I wanted. I did an upgrade project that included side loovers, SC, GT500 exhaust, 3.73gears, Roush short shifter, tripple gauge pod, break covers, etc all for about $11k. I'm at about 430hp, so at the end of the day, I have about the same money invested as a new one and I still have slightly more hp. While I'm sure they improved other things, I don't feel left out. Now, if they would have done all of that and left the price alone, that's another story. I would find it hard to pay $40k for a stock gt, when you can get the GT500 which is the best mustang ever for only $50k.

2008 GT Premium, Torch Red, manual, Roush short throw shifter with BMR Racing pistol-grip shifter handle with 12v switch for Line Lock, 550hp - FR Whipple High Output Intercooled Supercharger 9psi, AED Custom Tune 495 rwhp, MSD Blaster Coil packs, FR 62mm Throttle body, FR 47lb injectors, Kooks headers and X-Pipe, NITTO NT05 305/35/19 rear tires, FR 3.73's gears, FR GT500KR mufflers, Thumper tensioner and pulleys, American Muscle GT500 wheels, SLP Line Lock

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome