Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Official name of 2010+ body style mustang?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
bigkzilla
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJPONY View Post
I don't see any resemblance between the new Mustang and the Camaro, so I don't get that comparison. Is it different than the S-197, yes. Having both, I get to compare. It makes the S-197 look outdated, but that was the whole point of the S-197. Once you drive one, the S-197 will feel REALLY outdated. But I like both. Oh, and it wasn't just a cosmetic upgrade. The new platform is much much better.
People really liked the S197 when it came out because it kind of had that "outdated" feel to it...or retro as most people would put it. The new bodystyle has too many curves on it. I think the new Camaros are eyesores. The only other latemodel muscle car I like is the SRT8 Challenger. Everybody is welcome to their own opinion though. But you are right, Ford did upgrade the powertrain and they did a good job doing it. It was just a little late forthcoming.

-------------------------------------------
2006 Vista Blue "Mach 1", Auto, N/A
-------------------------------------------
Too much to list and nothing really that great. If interested check out my profile.
------------------------------------------------------------
Numbers are just that...numbers.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome