Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Official name of 2010+ body style mustang?
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 06-27-2010
brendanryan0510
GT Member
5.0L Member

my neighbor has a 700+ hp twin turbo 10' camaro and he just picked up a brand new 2011 mustang, still stock but not for long. i dont think they look alike at all. I see them every day now and never have i looked at the mustang and said, "that thing looks like his camaro."

I remember when he took me for a ride in the camaro when it was stock and the thing felt like it was weighed down a load. and he took me out in the mustang when he got it and the thing is like a totally different monster.

as for the op, i have no clue what there called. but i just looked it up on the computer and i saw D2C. i guess thats the platform they used for the 05-09 and they are still using it, so i guess its still an sn197? heres what it said:

In 2005, Ford introduced the all-new D2C Mustang platform, thus launching the fifth generation of Mustang. As Ford put it, "The new platform is designed to make the Mustang faster, safer, more agile and better-looking than ever." In the 2010 model year, Ford revised the interior and exterior of the car. In 2011, they added a new 5.0L V8 engine to the GT line up, and upped the output of the V6 model to 305 horsepower.
Source: Ford Motor Company

87 Mustang GT Convertible
"WhiteThunder"
209rwhp/297rwtq
Mods: bbk cai, accufab 70mm tb & egr spacer, bbk catted hpipe, flowmaster americanthunder catback.
PARTIAL RESTORATION IN PROGRESS

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome