Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - New Hood Question 2006 Mustang GT - Heat Extractors
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 07-10-2010
redruder
MACH I Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Shouldn't the air moving under and over the car in theory create a vaccuum? I was considering a cowl style hood, moor for lowspeed heat removal. The whole heat rises thinking, more to help intake heatsoak than concern over the rad. The cruise missile thought was geared toward the GT40, the S197s are more like a brick with wheels. The only reason I'm even looking at hoods is that mine is doing the dreaded paint flaking thing and it's starting to spread.

Forged bottom end, Ported heads, Saleen super charger, 2.8 blower pulley/15psi, Dual stage water to air intercooler, AFCO heat exchanger, battery relocated, Twin GT500 fuel pumps, T-56 trans, Aluminum flywheel, Aluminum driveshaft, 3.73 rear gears, Eaton TruTrac Diff, TA Performance rear end girdle, Racecraft suspension system, UCA, LCA, panhard bar, 15" slotted front rotors w/ 6 piston calipers, Carbon Fiber front splitter/rear diffuser, and bunch of other stuff
RWHP/RWTQ is adequate

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome