Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - What is the GT500's life expectancy, mileage
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2010
Nascort
Apprentice
S197 Member

Garage
These are boosted beasts, but they are not running under boost all the time. Unless your "trackin" her every week, there shouldn't be any problems with proper maintenance. I drive mine roughly 1000 miles a year, mostly weekends, no rain/wet roads. She is cleaned/garaged/covered after every drive.

If people are looking for collectibility in this car, it will come with time and originality. The muscle cars of the past took 30 years to become collectible, as the DD's and boneyards consumed those that were not garaged. I feel that this new CAFE standard is going put the same collectibility with these beautiful machines. It will take a few decades for the value and rarity to show. Just be patient.

The values also comes with the buyer. The 07-09s are the originals (just as the 67-68s), and while they might not have the same handling and performance as the 10s and 11s, they are still the originals. I personally don't like the plastic side skirts and rear lower fascia on the 2nd gens, it really throws off the balance of the car (esp with the bright colors)... just looks cheap. Plus the hood extractor on the 2nd gens is ugly; otherwise, she a beautiful beast.

Ciao

2013 Shelby GT500 Convertible - Grabber Blue w/Black Stripes
#497/808 Convertibles, #31/49

2008 Shelby GT500 Coupe - Alloy w/Silver Stripes
#3264/6513 Coupes, #145/314
Born on Dec 14, 2007, Brought Home Jan 12, 2008
-SLP LoudMouth Axlebacks
-C&L Cold Air Intake
-2.3 TVS with 2.5" Pulley
Mustang Dyno'd @ 587hp/617tq
Dynojet Dyno'd @ 655hp/666tq

2000 Mustang GT Convertible - Tripple Black
2004 Harley Davidson - Fat Boy Lo (Daily Rider)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome