Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Auto Headlights Option (after the fact) for my 2011 Mustang V6 Premium?
View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 11-25-2010
20mustang10
Rookie

There is a solution! V-6 Auto Headlights

For all the 2010-2011 Mustang V-6 owners out there, there is a solution. I too was tired of manually turning headlight switch on each time it got dark. I called Ford dealership and asked is "auto heeadlight switch" could be added to stock V-6 model. The guy replied, " I really don't know." Well I took the chance and purchased the $35 auto headlight switch for 2010 Mustang GT and took it home. It takes less than 10 minutes to do this. Carefully pry off complete headlight case from bottom with flathead screwdriver.It comes out very easily. Then there are 3 little push tabs holding round switch in place. Disconnect plug and Push round switch out towards you. Replace plug into new module then turn switch to auto position. It works as simple as that! I can't figure out why Ford did not just give us this one! It will make you smile big time after installation is complete! Good Luck!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome