Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Team Reese Vs. Shine Crew & Other Superfluous Stuff
View Single Post
post #726 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2010 Thread Starter
stang93mustang
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragorphan View Post
:nogrinner

Coulda went with a little more cam and ran deep into the 11's.

How muuch does the car weigh?

What trans and gears?
The motor was intended to go in my 1924 T roadster but I decided to go drag racing instead. I figure I will run it for one season and if it does not run fast enough I will change the cam and go to a higher stall speed on the convertor. My current stall is 3000. the trans is a built C-4 and the gears in the rear are 4:11`s. I have not weighed the car yet but I have removed every thing that is not required to make it run or pass tech. Even the whole dash is gone. The guages are mounted to the 10 point cage. I removed the bumper covers and beams front and rear and replaced them with a narrowed 66 parts on the front and a 69 bumper and 68 valance in the rear. That mod alone removed about 175 pounds from the car and a 78 coupe was lite to begin with.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha.........looks like I got you to change the avatar picture like these guys did me! Nice shot, now looks like you made some advancement on the project. Lol.

93' LX hatch, 460 w/150 plate, TH400, 9" w/ 3.60 spool. Best (so far!) of [email protected] 146 mph with 1.40 spinning 60' on steel heads
Reese,
Been saying single digit coming for 3 years.....guess I finally made it!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome