Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2004 Mustang V6 - Needing New Exhaust
View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 12-03-2010 Thread Starter
95silver
Rookie

I am looking for the sound, it's a V6, it's raspy already... and I was hoping to do the whole thing myself, no shop. Considering my budget, I think I am just going to go with a system from the converter back and add the H-pipe later. I know it will be a little more costly over all, but I have to do something now, and can only afford the converter back...

So, what would be the easiest brand to work with and to go back later and add on? I saw the MAC was all bolt together flanges, and I noticed that Pypes doesnt have an H-pipe, I haven't looked into too many other brands; suggestions?

In case anyone was wondering, it turns out, the guy who had it before me had a glass pack welded in. The rear weld rusted out and the tip wasn't connected to the muffler. I went with the MAC system because they have an H-pipe and long tube headers. Besides the Ford dealer not getting me the parts I needed, the exhaust went together really easily. I have everything but the tips on now (waiting on the remaining Ford parts), and it sounds pretty good. Thanks for the help, if I remember, I'll check back when I get the headers and H-pipe on.

2004, Competition Orange, V6 coupe
GO: BBK CAI, MAC Performance SS fake dual; long tubes, high flow cats, and an H-pipe up next. Then, T-LOC, 4.10 gears and a tuner.
SHOW: HID Smoke headlights and fog lights, medium tint all around. Flat black wheels, when I find them.

1995, Silver, V6 Coupe. R.I.P.

Last edited by Snackmaster; 02-02-2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: merged back to back posts

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome