Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Crazy Car Noise. WHY?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2010 Thread Starter
mwolverine8
PONY Member
V6 Member

Wow. crazy news. If you hear popping i would get your car checked out. because they found mine. I took her to a mechanic up here in Oklahoma city to get the differential serviced and the guy said the second he drove my car he knew there were problems that needed addressed. Before i left i asked him what he thought and he said my differential bearing or something in the differential is binding up.

I get a call saturday saying my differential is shot, bearings, gears, all that crap is shot. i went up there to look at it and there is a crap load of play in the gears when there should be none. so they have to rebuild my differential. Next, they found a massive leak in my rack and and pinion set. So my steering was jacked apparently and that's why my ps was insanely loud.

So after new rack, differential, labor --- $ 1787.45

Good news is after all the repairs my car will basically run like brand new they said. Engine is in great condition. Car is worth 6,100 once fixed

2003 Ford Mustang3.8L -65k miles
Installed
True Dual Exhaust w/ Black Chrome Tips | Lowering Springs
Coming
P&P heads | P&P upper intake | P&P lower intake | 70mm Throttle Body | CAI | SF3 Tune After | Full Engine Dress Up |

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome