Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Added a sub/amp to the Shaker 500 (mounting methods)
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 12-06-2010
solidhadriel
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbaltan View Post
It was a great thread to read. TY. I was planing on adding a Rockford Fosgate amp for the speaker's and a capacitor. When I talk to people at best buy they said they will have to rewire the car and I wont be able to use the the tweeter's any more. I have no clue on how to do this so I was planing on let them do it. If I can do this by myself I would save alot of many any details? And should I do it?
Why would you be installing a capacitor in the first place :?::?:

If your amp isn't enough to power your SPEAKERS then get a stronger amp. A capacitor should only be used in situations where you have a high-powered subwoofer(s) that on their lowest 'thumps' require that extra surge of energy that your battery/alternator cannot provide.

Check out Crutchfield and do some research at car audio websites to learn about the difficulties of installing your own amp. Its not necessarily easy, but it isn't difficult either, the right word like said earlier is 'time consuming'.

I'm still deciding if I want to install my aftermarket audio system or have it 'professionally' done.

Past: 2011 3.7 6AT SG
Current: 2014 5.0 6MT Black

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome