1) The question was "50 state legal header for a 2004 3.8L mustang"
not how to game the system.
2) While the 3.8 and 3.9 are identical except crank and pistons
the VINs are not (a 4 indicates 3.8, while a 6 indicates 3.9 in 6th? digit)
3) The 3.9L has a California Emission Sticker with a 3.9.
No sticker, more paperwork.
4) There is a database, which the Smog Inspector is to compare
the CARB EO# with the engine and VIN.
5) BAR bureau of Automotive Repair) runs checks on the smog stations.
Remember, California spends is bankrupt with $20 Billion in debt,
spending $350 Billion on California EPA (parent bureau of CARB),
and California wants to spend Billions to save the world from plastic bags.
The state is stupid, but the state is run by the Greenies.
Remember, Greenies want you to ride a bike not drive a polluting car.
(Insert cus words)
looks like you sir are living in the wrong state lol
2003 3.8L V6 4R70W
Windstar Upper Intake with cool-air intake, MAC LT headers, BBK O/R H-pipe, and flow 40s, SCT tuner, FRPP Alum. D/S, 3.73 gears, Auburn HP limited slip, and Team Z LCAs, Eibach sway bars.
Best 1/4 time: 15.036 @90.92mph, 2.148 60'