Might be handy to know what the true oil pressure is. If the oil pressure is OK, then some repair work should be considered.
>>From the Ford service manual: Engine
The 3.8L engine has:
- a V-block with six cylinders and splayed crankpins.
- a distributorless ignition system.
- a multiport, sequential fuel injection (SFI) system.
- overhead valves.
- hydraulic valve tappets for automatic lash adjustment.
- connecting rod parting faces that are unique with an interference fit.
- an engine dynamic balance shaft.