Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 1997 Mustang Electrical trouble and hard starting
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2011
Shevi65
Rookie

Same problem I had....

Quote:
Originally Posted by figuec56 View Post
Alright I have been having a couple of differnt issues. None of them major. yet. After i Have driven the car enought o get the temp guage warm, Turn it off and try and restart it it takes forever to start. About 3-4 seconds of cranking. It will do this periodicly whent he engine is cold. I have found no connection with the weather. I have Checked my battery, alternator, and starter. All check out. I had them checked out at the Ford Dealership, Autozone, AAA, and Advance Auto. All Say the same thing. The only thing is the alternator guage seems a little high. I included of picture of it. The spark plugs are new and properly gapped and so are the wires, PCV Valve, Air filter, Fuel Filter. I have had all the fluids flushed. After i change the oil its almost clear on the dipstick. I have no clue what else could be wrong. Any Ideas
I was having exact same problem before mine just never started again! Before it went completely out, I had a dead cell in my batt, but had it & cable leads replaced, for it to come back a few days later doing same thing. It sat for a few days & never fired back up. If you haven't checked the inertia (fuel shut-off switch) switch yet (mine was located in trunk, driver side behind wall, near rear lamps), do so. There should be a hole there so you can press red button down to reset it (normal position). Also, I'm investigating recalls on my year Mustang ('98-V6-3.8 L) for fuel pump, fuel line problems, before putting all my coins into this car. Thanks for sharing, hope this was helpful.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome