Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 1997 Mustang Electrical trouble and hard starting
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 01-04-2011
Shevi65
Rookie

Recall info I found...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shevi65 View Post
I was having exact same problem before mine just never started again! Before it went completely out, I had a dead cell in my batt, but had it & cable leads replaced, for it to come back a few days later doing same thing. It sat for a few days & never fired back up. If you haven't checked the inertia (fuel shut-off switch) switch yet (mine was located in trunk, driver side behind wall, near rear lamps), do so. There should be a hole there so you can press red button down to reset it (normal position). Also, I'm investigating recalls on my year Mustang ('98-V6-3.8 L) for fuel pump, fuel line problems, before putting all my coins into this car. Thanks for sharing, hope this was helpful.
Auto Recall Date: JUN 13, 2006

Vehicle Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE
Estimated Vehicles Affected: 58640
Model Affected
1998 FORD MUSTANG

1998 Ford Mustang Defect Summary:
CERTAIN AFTERMARKET FUEL FILTERS SOLD UNDER THE PUROLATOR BRAND NAME, P/N F65277, SHIPPED FROM JANUARY 16 THROUGH JUNE 2, 2006, FOR USE ON THE ABOVE LISTED PASSENGER VEHICLES. DUE TO INCORRECT DESIGN, THE QUICK CONNECTORS MAY NOT FULLY SEAT WITH THE TUBE INTERFACE, EVEN THOUGH THE PERSON MAKING THE CONNECTION MAY BELIEVE THAT THE QUICK CONNECTOR IS FULLY ATTACHED.

Defect Consequence:
FAILURE OF THIS CONNECTION COULD LEAD TO FUEL SPILLAGE AND, IN THE PRESENCE OF AN IGNITION SOURCE, A FIRE COULD OCCUR.

Remedy:
UFI WILL NOTIFY OWNERS AND REPLACE THE FILTERS FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON AUGUST 4, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT UFI FILTERS USA AT 800-230-5876.

Estimated Vehicles Affected:

Notes:
UFI FILTERS USA

site was: 1998 Ford Mustang Recalls, Problems, & 1998 Ford Mustang Recall Details

Please check out!!! There was more on "fuel rail", etc.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome