Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - What Are the Pros and Cons of Installing a Twin Turbo on a V6 Mustang?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-25-2011 Thread Starter
95silver
Rookie

What Are the Pros and Cons of Installing a Twin Turbo on a V6 Mustang?

Ok, so, I'm just asking for knowledge sake. I have been reading and searching the site for info on this but I don't see anything about anyone putting a twin turbo on a V6. It seems to me that it would be the best for daily driver to put a turbo on vs. a supercharger. I'm not really looking for the standard argument, in my case $$ would be the deciding factor. I'm looking for anyone who knows about putting a pair of smaller turbos on a V6. Are there any good/complete kits? Is this an unrealistic desire? How much hp could be expected? I'm sure I missed some questions, but, I'm just trying to get an idea. BTW I have a basically stock '04 V6. I have a CAI and I just finished a fake dual. I plan to get long tube headers (those go away with turbos right?) new cats and an H-pipe; followed by a new rear end, but if the turbo thing looks realistic, I would just find a GT rear end (probably should just do that anyway). Right now it's a daily driver, but I plan on making it a toy over the next year or so, at which point I would start playing. Aaaaaaaand go...

Matt

2004, Competition Orange, V6 coupe
GO: BBK CAI, MAC Performance SS fake dual; long tubes, high flow cats, and an H-pipe up next. Then, T-LOC, 4.10 gears and a tuner.
SHOW: HID Smoke headlights and fog lights, medium tint all around. Flat black wheels, when I find them.

1995, Silver, V6 Coupe. R.I.P.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome