post #48 of (permalink) Old 01-31-2011
32Fountain
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaGTguy View Post
Want to know how to disable skip shift forever? Easy:

Don't drive like a frigging grandma! It's a damn Mustang GT for crying out loud! Put your foot on the gas pedal and rev that badboy up. I've seen the skip shift light 2 times since purchasing the car. And that was only because I wanted to see if this feature actually worked. Otherwise I never see it pop up. Why do you ask? Because I drive my stang like it was meant to be driven!

Who's with me?!!!!!!!

P.S. - no offense to those that want to pamper and keep their driving under 2500 RPM. I'm just not one of those guys.

It happened to me on my test drive and believe me I was not driving like a "frigging grandma". I was shifting from 1st to 2nd at 6,500 rpm's when it went into 4th gear. It did it again a little later when I shifted from 2nd to 3rd at the same rpm's and it went into 5th gear. If I end up getting a 6M the first thing I will do is disconnect the skip shift solenoid. I would never use it anyway.

2014 GT 5.0 Premium (Ordered 2/1/2013, received 3/20/2013) 6A - 401A premium trim - Steeda CAI - (Mike Rousch) SCT Dynojet custom tune - Lethal offroad H-pipe - J&M LCA's - BMR relocation brackets - Circle D 5C converter - DSS aluminum drive shaft - front sway bar delete kit - stock mufflers - and a stock 3:15 gear. Best pass so far - 60 ft. 1.577, 1/4 mile e.t. 11.567, mph 117.22.

(Traded in on new 2014)
2011 GT 5.0 Premium - Black - 6M - 3:73 gear

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome