Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 1995 Mustang 3.8- Automatic transmission slipping?
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2011
metalman302
MACH I Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraguy_95 View Post
I've actually considered doing a 5spd swap because i would much prefer it to be a manual transmission, though from what I have read you myswell buy a 5spd car for how much it costs.
LOL not even close. This should be accurate for mine. BTW if you can change a clutch you can do this swap. No fab required.

T5 with bell and fork - Used w warranty 115k miles - from LKQ $425
- if you are lucky enough to find one at the u-pull it the cost is about $125 but condition is a gamble
Clutch cable - had already
Computer - U pull it - $30
Flywheel & bolts - U pull it (surface looked nice still) $30
Pedals - U pull it - $15
Lower shift boot - made one with a truck inner tube lol
Upper shift boot - New ford racing cobra leather carbon fiber $45
Shifter bezel - Re-used my old one
Clutch Kit - New OEM style replacement w throwout and pilot bearings - parts store - $160
Transmission harness - modified my old one
Shift knob - stock - had a spare
Fluid - $15?

Total = $720

Sold non-working AODE core +$25
Sold AODE EEC on ebay +$80

Net total = $615

This will vary depending on what you get new, or used from the junkyard or craigslist etc.

The syptoms you describe I do remember my car doing it a few times randomly with the AODE. Eventually mine threw a CEL and started shifing around 1000 rpm higher than before at part throttle. A few hundred miles later it went completely out.

I'm guessing you already tried changing the fluid? I googled these AODEs the other day and one result was a "fix kit" for several known problems with these transmissions. They were internal parts. As you know, internal auto trans repairs are usually very expensive.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome