Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 7.5 rear axle fit to LOK.
View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-11-2011 Thread Starter
nomad nomlaki
Rookie

Thanks for info The splines are somewhat worn looking though? I will proceed with replacing upper rear control arm bushings that are in differential with neat tool for removing and installing. Read horror stories on here about them and looking at them they are intimidating without right tools. I Tried forum recommendation of drilling out rubber and using saws all on old lower arms and that worked well. I did replace all control arms with Steeda set. The rear differential rebuild bearing and gasket seal set didn't have axle bearing seals in it? I will have a very experienced auto tech do the set up of new rear diff components as I did a couple old 9" third members and they seemed okay. But I want my new Ford racing LOK and 7:73 gear set to be right on the money as perfect as can be....

I will more and likely order a up grade set of axles so everything is new in diff from axle seals to inners....

Might as well do it right. Are any other ford vehicle 7.5 28 spline axles interchange on mustangs?

I'll post again when I get rebuild done. Or if i have any questions about the rebuild....

Thanks for input and answers to my questions.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome