Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Steering Wheel button quality
View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 02-14-2011
dontmatr
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Apologies for bringing this thread back from the dead, but...

has there been any word whether this particular issue has been/is being addressed? I've noticed two threads regarding the peeling/flaking paint on the steering wheel buttons, and the latest post is dated over three months ago...

Several days after I made my initial post regarding this issue (back in October), I took my Mustang (which at the time was less than five months old and had around 2000 miles it) to the dealership where I purchased it and had the service department look at the offending button. Upon inspecting it, they seemed as baffled as I was with regards to the paint flaking off; while courteous and apologetic, the service manager and his staff were unable to offer any information/solution regarding the issue, but told me to bring the car back should the problem worsen.

Since I noticed the missing paint, I've been far more careful with regards to pressing any steering wheel buttons (not that I considered myself particularly heavy-handed with them to begin with...), and so far the problem has not worsened, but it's still there...

I'm aware of other other, far more serious problems 2011 owners are enduring, and of course those should take priority over a relatively trivial (if damn annoying and a bit embarrassing) issue such as this.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...peeling-2.html

After reading this particular thread, it appears that Ford has been made aware of this issue, but as I stated above in this post, have they done/are they doing anything to resolve it?

Currently...
2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (Ivory White Pearl Tri-coat, Leather Interior Grp, Driver Convenience Grp, 8A)
Gone
2011 Ford Mustang GT Premium (Sterling Gray Metallic, HIDs, Security pkg., Brembo pkg., 3.55s, 6M)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome