Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Is the "red-line" real or conservative?
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 02-21-2011 Thread Starter
Ricter55
Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Exclamation 7,000 rpm shift point with my BAMA tune...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMChrisRose View Post
Absolutely, the higher you spin it, the smaller your tolerances get. With the new 4V, there's no issue with bumping up the factory redline a little. We typically set shifts at 7000-7300 depending on which tune you're running. 7500 is where I'd put my foot down. We don't send any 7500RPM tunes out, because we don't feel that last few hundred RPM are doing anything for you (and dyno results back that up). We run 10.93 with a baby shot of nitrous (100 shot), CAI, 4.10 gears and exhaust with our 2011 automatic, shifting at 7300 RPM.
Good to know, but confusing. I believe AM indicated my shift point was 7,000 rpm but if I remember correctly at that point the tach turns red even though the tach goes to 7500? So is Ford warning me at 7K that I have almost hit the actual redline of 7,500? If 7K IS the redline and the shift point is set to 7K aren't I shifitng in the red? :?: p.s. AM BAMA tunes really rock and wake up this lil 6er big-time!

2011 V6 3.7, 3.55 gears, Pony Pkg, Kona Blue, JLT CAI box & cone w/MMR CAI tube. Magnaflow perf/st axle-backs & MF uni x-pipe w/fab mid-pipes. BMR Shortys & 73mm? throttle body w/matching spacer. Whiteline SOLID front & rear sway-bars. Heat shield manifold to eng. Accel coils w/Pulstar plugs. 4 bolts ea side strut tower brace. Have SCT tuner w/91S, 91P, 91R BAMA tunes. Currently using Diablosport Trinity 1000 w/91 octane Dyno-Tune . Soon BMC Black Mamba carbon fiber hood.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome