Ford Mustang Forum banner

UPR CAI question

882 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  blown 02 
#1 ·
Got a question for you guys. (BTW i have called UPR products but they wont be able to help until monday when their office opens up.)

I ordered an intake kit for my 02 GT from UPR. This one here:

1996-2004 Ford Mustang Modular 4.6L 281 GT Cold Air Intake Kit - UPR Products

I received the kit and started the install and I ran into an issue with the 2nd metal piece that goes from the MAF to the fender wall. This piece as pictured has two bends in it.
Here is a picture of it that might be a bit better:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/lLDz1-0KNXtrxnCKQvJqNtv9A43NJzuO5xg8BXsQapA?feat=directlink

I think I should have gotten one that only has one bend in it so it goes straight from the MAF and makes one 90 degree bend to the fender wall right??

So am I missing something here or what? Has anyone else had this problem?
Also, it seems to have the incorrect outlet tube for the IAC tube. Maybe they sent me the wrong one? (except for I got what was pictured on their website.)

Thanks for any insight.

See less See more
#3 ·
Take a second look; you got exactly what's pictured in the UPR ad. BBK's fenderwell cai is the one that only has one 90* bend leading from the MAF to fender; with the one you have you just have to work it through the fender so that the end of the tube is pointing down when it's all said and done.

#4 ·
SoCal2v is correct, the maf meter goes into the fender with the air filter facing down. You might have to cut the wire harness bundle that your maf meter wires run into to get more slack (I did not but some people do). Bolt the maf meter to the pipe, slide it threw the fender and then bolt your filter on from the bottom of the car, then plug your meter up. I had the jlt cai on my 02 in the past.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.