Ford Mustang Forum banner

Looking for an old friend.

786 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  2oo5GT 
#1 ·
I'm not sure whether or not this is the correct place to post this question, if not a mod is more than welcome to move it.

Anyways almost a year and a half ago i sold my 2002 silver mustang gt in what was one of the stupidest car buys of the century. Since then i have been trying to locate where my old car has gone.

I know this post sounds pretty dumb but i would love to see my car again.

here is the information i have.

-it is a 2002 silver mustang gt
-it was traded to a dealership in Nicholasville, Kentucky, near Lexington in January 2010
-the dealership was Toyota on Nicholasville
-it has black painted racing stripes down the body continuing onto the rear bumper
-these stripes at their widest point are 19.73 inches wide and all the paint work has a mirror smooth finish.
-the interior is black leather and the car has the mach 460 sound system
-the wheels i sold it with are linked here: Mustang Deep Dish Chrome FR500 Wheels at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
- it also had the black angle eye head lights
-here a couple of pictures of the car:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/147589/ppuser/71049

I know this is a wild goose chase but i'm pretty desperate to find my car. If anyone has any info please pm me, thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Good luck with your search, did you try checking with the dealership to see who they sold it to? Also if you have the vin number that may also help you locate it

#4 ·
man, i did the same thing a long time ago. i traded in a 99 prelude i custom built and regreted it. years later i was looking for a 99+ prelude to replace the 1 i traded and sure enough when i was looking for one online, i found the one i traded. i almost cried, lol. it was for sale for way to much and whoever had it trashed it. i was so upset. i feel your pain man.

#7 ·
been there man, last year I contacted the people who bought my 05 from me to try and get it back..said that I had done such a nice job that there was no way they would sell it back to me....good luck

#8 ·
been there man, last year I contacted the people who bought my 05 from me to try and get it back..said that I had done such a nice job that there was no way they would sell it back to me....good luck
Haha yea i'm afraid either this will happen or i'll find that it's been completely trashed and wrapped around a tree by some 16 year old, lol.

But i called the dealership yesterday and found out they sold it at auction so there's no telling where it's ended up. However i'm going to try and use the VIN number Monday to track it. Thanks for the replies.

#9 ·
+1 more person who knows how you feel. Believe it or not I miss my old 2000 V6 more then my Terminator. I think it was a sentimental type thing being my first Mustang and all the memories; girls, detailing the hell out of it every week, etc. I loved that damn car. Even got teary eyed after I sold it. There is nothing more I'd like to see than someone taking care of it and driving it around with a smile on their face.

Good luck on finding the car

#10 ·
+1 witht he VIN the car fax will actually pinpoint exactly where it is.. depending on how bad u want it back im sure u could manage to get it, but the thing about carfax is it wont tell you who the ppl are that have it only if it is for sale u can find it at the dealership nearest the zipcode or whatever...

another idiot here that sold my 94GT best reliable car and man would that 5.0 never die... i got into some trouble with johnny law and traded it for some old junk ass Ford Bronco that just looked really pretty but everything wrong with the engine u could imagine what it all was... i cried like straight up ball my eyes out when i went to get rid of it cuz of all the memories taht came with it... after about a year went by i said it was time for me to go find another one, but i still would rather have my ol 94GT but i know the guy i traded dont wanna give it up sooo ya u live and u learn i guess :(

good luck finding ur car dude, i hope u can get it back... u may think it sounds dumb but not to us lol its more than a car at that point... mine was the first time my high-school-sweetheart's parents ever respected me when i showed up in it :( those were the days *sigh*

#11 ·
Good luck on finding it. Almost did the same to my 95GT but they usually want more or things are different or it's beat up more. The guy I bought my Cobra from called be about 6 months after selling it. But told me he would buy it for what he sold it for. I told him to late since by then I added about $2K worth of mods to it and that I won't be selling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.