Well I had some free time the last couple days and have been doing some work on the car. I'm selling the windstar to free up some money and because that's the easiest way to run the TT piping to the TB. Here are some pics for anyone who might care. All I have to do now is cut the piece of aluminum plate for the top and put a few screws in it.
Just the porting. I didn't make them terrible smooth because apparently you're not supposed to. And a also didn't have any sanding cartridges at the moment.
Using the carbide cutter in a drill press to do the actual post removal, still leaving a flat finish for the manifold bolts inside.
This is what it looked like after I ground the posts down.
Then I removed the upper hollow sections of the posts with a hole saw in the drill press.
Here's what the view from the throttle body opening looked like when done. It looks as if it freed up a little less than 1/3 of the cross sectional area, which I didn't remember to take a pic of before for reference.
And here's where I'm going to cut the plate, seal it, and screw it down.
And I'll just stick the last picuture with that done up here tomorrow :P