Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - How to: Disable Skip Shift
View Single Post
post #68 of (permalink) Old 04-05-2011
BLK 5.0
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hb1148 View Post
That sucks and I'm glad I've never experienced it though, when the message displays (usually when I'm around 3000 RPMs in 1st) I clutch and it goes away and I have no problems shifting into second. Maybe I'm doing something different, I dunno.
I'm old school and like to shift when I want and do not typically look at the gauges when I drive. I believe that most people that have driven manual shift vehicles for a long time shift by feel and sound when driving hard or simply when they want to. It sucks to be required to have your head down looking at the gauges when you should be looking at the road. Disabling the skip shift function allows me to shift when I want and not be required to take my eyes off the road to see if its "clear" to shift to 2nd or do I have to go to 4th gear. This "feature" should be considered a safety hazard in my opinion.

2011 GT Coupe Premium, Black exterior with Charcoal black turned leather interior. Rapid spec 400A with 6-speed MT, 3.73 limited slip axle, 19" painted aluminum wheels, HID headlamps, comfort package. FRPP tune with K&N air filter. FRPP Touring axle back exhaust with Borla 2 3/4" over axle pipes. ST Suspensions coilovers w/GT500 mounts. Spohn poly/del sphere adjustable lower control arms and Spohn adjustable panhard bar with Steeda panhard bar brace. Hotchkis Sport sway bars.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome