Ford Mustang Forum banner

Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview

53K views 238 replies 79 participants last post by  zachcrosen 
#1 ·
YouTube - Ghost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning PreviewGhost Cam Idle Tune - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V - Bama Custom Tuning Preview

Check out this preview of the new "Ghost Cams" custom tune from Bama Custom Tuning at AmericanMuscle.com. Want your 2011 Mustang GT to sound like it's got aftermarket cams? Simply give the Bama team a call and they'll hook you up!

*This will not be available for another week or so!

- Currently only works on 2011 Mustang GTs
- Will not increase or decrease Performance and is strictly for sound

Bama Custom Tuning 888.226.9764 | Monday-Friday 9AM-5:30PM EST

#90 ·
Awesome news! I would love to have a "cammed" Race tune. I think I will hang on to my regular Race tune as well just in case...

#92 ·
Chris,
I seriously do not wanna read post for post on this thread so maybe I am asking a already answered question.Humor me.....For those of us who are Bama customers or have been since before the Bama/AM deal,will we need to order this tune update and pay an extra fee for the ghost cam tune or can we just request a 93 race tune with ghost cams to replace our current 93 race tune and expect this to be sent out free of charge due to the free tunes for life program?

Thanks in advance.

#94 ·
If you have Free Tunes for Life, you have free tunes for life. So yea, you can get the ghost cam tune for free when it is available.

#93 ·
cammed tune

Chris-- I would opt to have the Ghost tune on Race tune only if it comes down to that--If you can put it on the other tunes, thats ok too. I run race all the time anyway..Thanks

#99 ·
Difference between tunes?

I havn't installed my CAI and Bama tune yet. What is the difference in 93 performance and 93 race? I know this isn't the right thread for this question, but I have been following this one closely.

#105 ·
Ok - I am also guilty of not reading every post in all these various cammed tune threads. This is the first I have heard of it being bad for our cars. Is this true? For now my car is DD and if this will hurt my car I will probably opt out.

#106 ·
OK i pulled the trigger on a X3 sct handheld and a set of tunes 89,93,93race with cam sound. cant wait.. :laughlitt
Also should i have mentioned that i have GT500 axelbacks on instead of stock exhaust cans ?:yelwacko: Now i just have to remember to turn off that silly switch by the shifter ;) :winks
Oh and the order process was PAINLESS the new drop downs for selecting ghost cam option was very nice ! Good Job AM and the gang !!! :worship

#108 ·
I got my tunes yesterday and there were NO DROP downs.. I intalled the ones I gotr, but, I am NOT sure if I got the Cammed idle or not. It sure don't sound like the vids on here> Yes, I ran the air conditioner and all that, but, still not sure--I dropped a email to BAMA--

#111 ·
^^ Why post the John Lund tune in the Bama thread?

#116 ·
Not available yet.

Called today to request the e-mail and my rep spoke to a tuner and he said they're still working on it. Just logged in to order the new tunes and there was no option to order the ghost tune. In the comments, I requested the Race to with AND without the feature if possible. We'll see.

#117 ·
Just spoke to BAMA. They said still another week to week and a half before they're releasing the tunes.

#120 ·
Ahh the anticipation is so hard.

But, better a week or two longer with all the bugs worked out then to have a product now that is not quite ready for prime time & have the risk of possible bad side effects.

I'm still waiting on my tuner and Steeda intake too. Really debating now to get the off road pipe despite the fact I know I will need to remove it later for the emmissions test. Love to hear what this cam tune sounds like with catted headers.

Thanks to Hawkeye for reminding us of the forum setting for # of posts per thread - very useful tip.

#121 ·
Thanks to Hawkeye for reminding us of the forum setting for # of posts per thread - very useful tip.
Yeah, it gets to the point that new pages confuse me. The irony is that since I'll be post #121, I'll start the 4th page and I'll be all lonely 'n stuff.

#123 ·
So I placed an order for my SF3/X3 yesterday... 93 Street, 93 Performance, and 93 Race w/ cammed idle. I'm guessing the Race tune will delay my order? Just wondering because I'm really itching to put the tuner to use. :gringreen

Guess I'll check with AM tomorrow.

#125 ·
Interesting. I ordered my tuner late Sunday night and was expecting that the cammed idle would not be available, but sure enough the check boxes were there so I added it to the race tune.

Now, I don't know how the process works, but my guess is they mail you the tuner (doh!) and then e-mail you the tunes. I was hoping to play around with the cammed idle this weekend (show it off to some of my 370Z buddies) but I can wait if I have to... I guess. :heha:

I suppose I'll give AM a call later this morning for some confirmation.

#126 ·
OK, so I called AM this morning to check my order status. The cammed idle tunes will be ready "in a week" so that will be when my order ships. :)

#129 ·
The patients is a virtue I don't have!! :)

#130 ·
for those that are waiting for this to be released to get your tuner... WHY??

I called AM today and said ship it without the ghost cam. I'll install the tune and run the 91 perf tune until the ghost cam is released, then they can just email me the ghost tune. there is no reason to wait to have it shipped. Call them and tell them to ship it now, not when the tune is available

#132 ·
I'm not in a hurry to throw a tune on the car, so I don't mind waiting a little longer. Weather is going to be crappy this weekend anyways. :smartass:

#133 ·
I'm amazed that they do this for free with all of the combos of CAI's, headers, midpipes,etc... they have to take into account. Great job AM!!
As far as long term damage, there is no way they can know for sure, unless you want to wait a couple of years for them to try it out.:)
Things that come to mind are O2 sensors fouling, cat damage, fume buildup in exhaust popping when it blows, gas spitting out your exhaust and eating your paint off, fuel washing cylinders down and diluting your oil,codes thrown,etc... Is any of that likely?...No, but it is kind of a crap shoot this early in the game. If I had a 5.0, I would be one of the first to load the tune,(I'm so jealous right now). I'd have to spend over $1,000 for that sound in my '08, so ENJOY!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.