Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Performance white bumpers changing color.
View Single Post
post #30 of (permalink) Old 04-30-2011
5.0 Candy REDCS
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Along the same line of discussion, but on a different product line.
Im in the carpeting business, specifically broadloom custom installations and sales,pretty much deal with only very high end materials costing hundreds of $$ per yard, being installed in multi million dollar homes and estates.
With this said,when it comes to white broadloom, routinely I get both the customer AND designer sign us off because dye lots, even in a continuous batch run, will still shift and bleed of at the 3' mark for both sides, what that essentially means is when you put two identical cuts coming off the same roll and and in the same direction and seam them together, you WILL SEE a distinct color shift form one piece to another 99.99% of the time.
I also take the time to show clients/designers color samples of white coming off the same roll and have been seamed into one piece,with distinct color shifts happening.
Mills will NOT refund nor will they honor ANY complaints concerning color match whites, meaning, if you order white broadloom, you're pretty much on your own.
Even the actual install process varies greatly from any other normal color,seam sealers we use on white MUST be transparent,and any white broadloom line that comes with black, gray or beige primary backings are rejected by me for installation, as far as I know one distinct New Zealand company produces backings that are bleach white to complement the white yarns used.
White, as beautiful as it is, has always been a HUGE problem in flooring of ANY kind.

2011 GTCS Candy Red;Premium leather interior package, Remote start, security package, upgraded speakers, 6MT 3:55. 35% tint all around, Borla "S" axle backs, & clear corners.
The rest is all FORD

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome