Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2011 Mustang 5.0-Engine hesitation
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 05-04-2011
chopper1033
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

I bought 2011 automatic V6 mustang after 16 years with a standard Mustang. When I pull out to pass or want to merge onto the highway, I try to accelerate but there is a pause of 2 to 3 seconds, and a high revving sound…but no forward movement, forcing me to abort my effort to merge or to pass. It is dangerous. Service department denied the problem. However, I went on a drive with one of their employees and the same thing happened. In front of others, he said, “yes” there’s a problem to his boss. I left the car with them to fix. (It’s under warranty with only 2,000 km.). now they’re saying the guy really didn’t think there was a problem…I have sent the service manager, with whom I’m now dealing, all of the comments from the forum that show others are having the same problem. Has anyone come up with a solution? Does it require replacement of the transmission? What??? Any help is appreciated. If anyone wants to get together on this to consider legal action if things don’t improve please let me know… I am in Toronto area.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome