Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - 2010+ Mustang Metra 99-5823CH dash kit (the good and the bad)
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2011
RedPonyV6
Rookie

I do not have the Metra kit but I was thinking about buying it and I just really could not like it, no matter how much I wanted to. They mashed all the climate control buttons and knobs into just 2 rows of buttons under the LCD to make room for a double DIN sterero. I have heard that during the day the LCD backlight is noticeably off compared to the rest of the dash lights. I would be all over the kit if they gave the option of putting a single DIN slot over where the stock stereo is and left all the climate control knobs and buttons the same. For me I got some Alpine type R 6x8s for the front and back, an Alpine type R 12" sub, a JL Audio HD900/5 amp, and a crossover and with the stock head unit I could not be happier

2011 Red Mustang V6
Stereo Mods: Alpine Type R 6x8's front and back, Alpine Type R 12" sub, MTX Thunderform sub enclosure, JL HD900/5 amp.
Car Mods: Ford Racing X-Pipe (coming soon)
Future Mods: Roush Axelback, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, SCT Tuner, STaggered Black Machined GT 500 19" wheels, Front and rear sway bars.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome