Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Finished Retrofitting a Shaker 1000 in my base model Mustang!
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2011 Thread Starter
G.O. Stang
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by amustangrocks View Post
my head unit rocks out great i like the features it has too. hey tell what you did with your doors, what you used and maybe post some pics. maybe i`ll cut some into my panels. i would think the shaker 500 amps would work( or maybe they are the same ones anyway) sometimes i see them on ebay, and i dont really want or need the bass cab in the trunk.
It's really not complicated, what I did. I measure the diameter of the speakers and subtracted an inch. Then cut a hole that size in my door panel. Then I drilled holes to mount the speaker, added some spacers between the speaker and the door panel(breathing room and so the covers will fit.) then mounted. I soldered wires onto the subs and ran them through the factory grommet on the door to the undressed of the dash. It's really basic and I think when I actually get around to hooking them up, I'm gonna add some foam or something so they don't rattle as badly with the base.

As for the Amps, they are different from the front and back ones. The back ones came all assembled with harness so I could just just off te James's and run my own wires. The front amps require the harness because they don't come all busied together like my rear ones did(hence my idea to just get a single aftermarket one to run both subs.)

2011 GT Premium 6-Speed
GO:S550 Longblock, Boss 302 Intake Manifold, Boss 302 Exhaust Cams, Airiad CAI, Boss 302 H-Pipe and Side Pipes, Borla S-Type Axlebacks
SHOW:GT350 20 Wheels, California Special/Boss Rear Spoiler, LED Marker Lights, S550 Style Headlights with HIDs

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome