Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Speaker Swap out suggestions?
View Single Post
post #52 of (permalink) Old 06-28-2011 Thread Starter
cbax35
PONY Member

Can you explain the installation of the rear set a little? Glad to hear you are happy with the upgrade!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addison1062 View Post
Okay, I finally have all four of my Infinity References in and have listened to them over a few days with various types of music.

The results:

Was it worth it? Oh yes. The speakers are much more powerful than stock. My volume level isn't as high anymore. They are also clearer in sound reproduction than stock. Because they have been known to not be so bass heavy, they complimented the door subwoofers much better than I had expected. I actually hear more sound coming from the woofers, which was a nice surprise.

For those of you sitting on the fence, it really is worth it for the fronts. The rear? It depends on how much you want to tear apart the back of your car. I have to admit that I was intimidated at first, but it's really not that hard or scary in the end. The rear speakers are really really bad and super cheap. The fronts are not the same units and are actually a $10 speaker, unlike the $5 rears.

I found mine for $53 per pair on Amazon which allowed me to stay in budget as I wanted an upgrade and not an overhaul. It made a good sound system sound even better. I really have no need to add any more kit, such as an amp, etc. because of the power and quality of sound now.

2011 Black V6 Premium, Saddle Leather, Pony Package, Airaid CAI, Borla Touring Axle-Back Exhaust, 2.73, Security Package, Automatic, 4 Rockford Fosgate Power 5 x 7 Speakers, Side Stripe Delete, Hawk ceramic pads, BAMA Hybrid tune, Nitto Motivo tires.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome