Thanks for all the helpful tips. I'm with the In-Vehicle Technology Team. I can assist with SYNC/Navigation related questions!
I'd recommend a Master Reset. This should help with the iPod being recognized.
Note: To scroll, press SEEK or the Up/Down arrows.
1. Press the Phone Button to enter the PHONE MENU.
2. Scroll repeatedly until SYSTEM SETTINGS appears in the radio display.
3. Press OK to enter the SYSTEM SETTINGS MENU.
4. Scroll repeatedly until ADVANCED appears in the radio display. Press OK.
5. Scroll repeatedly until MASTER RESET appears in the radio display. Press OK.
6. SYNC will ask you to confirm the reset.
7. Press OK to confirm.
1. Press the PHONE button on the radio.
2. Press the SETTINGS button.
3. Press the ADVANCED button.
4. Press the DOWN ARROW to pull up more options
5. Press the MASTER RESET button
You might benefit from a Master Reset as well.
Which type of iPod do you have?
Looking forward to hearing from you.