post #21 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2011
412horses
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam View Post
Did you try giving the voice command "USB?"

Please let me know how things are working after you try the Master Reset.

~Jaclyn
Yes, when SYNC is not in the mood to play the response to giving the voice command "USB" is it tells me there is no device.

By playing around I did find out one way to get the iPod to work again... if I unplug the USB cord and turn the iPod off then plug it back in allowing SYNC to turn on the iPod communication is restored.

What I don't understand is why the car gets confused when it's turned off and back on again. A new symptom has developed, this week SYNC and the iPod stopped communicating as I was driving even. So far this had only been happening when I start the car after a series of short trips.

Good news on the phone at least, I used the phone button then navigated to the Bluetooth menu on the phone and was able to get the phone working again without all the complex set up stuff. For some reason the Bluetooth menu had turned itself off.

SYNC performed perfectly the first two months now it's become a bit high maintenance. I may try the reset but I have to psych myself up for it.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome