Ford Mustang Forum - View Single Post - Extended Warranties - Yay or Nay?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2011 Thread Starter
ChiZ_65
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Question Extended Warranties - Yay or Nay?

How many people out there got the extended warranty from Ford? I did when i bought my 11 GT back in February, and with the mods i have done and plan on doing i feel like i may be throwing my money away in the long run.

Now, I'm not creating a track monster that's going to be pushing 700HP... But I plan on doing a lot of things over the next few years (which, technically, is still considered "factory warranty" territory). I mean, if anything goes wrong while the car "breaks in" it'll happen in the 1st 3 years I think. I read a thread once where people were debating about mods voiding warranties, etc. etc... And i don't mean to be beat a dead horse, but we buy warranties for a piece of mind. And my piece of mind is telling me that I may be paying for a warranty that one, I'll never use, and 2, I won't be able to use because i did everything short of putting a supercharger on it.

So, I'm thinking of canceling the warranty and saving that $40 or so on each months payment. Thoughts? ...After all, I'll save money and not have to worry about voiding a warranty that i don't have.

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
-1970 BOSS 302 - Dearborn built, Numbers matching 302 engine bored .030 over and stroked to 331. Grabber Blue

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome